” Thank you for visiting! Active Budgeter grew out from wanting to experience financial freedom and to empower others to manage their money effectively. Understanding the financial basics, helps to build a strong foundation no matter your background. Money should be an exciting topic and regardless of you being a student, employee or business owner you can create wealth. Being open about personal finance can help to improve the way you spend, manage and see your money.”
Abiola Olaore is the Founder of Active Budgeter to help young people build their finances. Currently working at one of the world’s global leading firm with previous experience at Google and the London Business School. She has worked and studied in Singapore, Malaysia and Shanghai which showcases her global mindset. Graduating from a Business programme (Beijing) in conjunction with LSE and Tsinghua University which is ranked 25 in the world’s top university list, she is on a mission to promote global excellence.
Here are some of the activities that she has been involved in:
- Received award for Best New Money Blog 2017 sponsored by Experian by the UK Money Bloggers Association
- Nominated as one of the 50 2019 EMpower Ethnic Minority Future Leaders (results coming out in Summer 2019) in the UK, Ireland, Europe, United States and Canada
- Featured in BBC and the Times and met with Miriam Gonzalez, wife of Nick Clegg
- Completed a Code First Professional Coding Course
- Diaspora Changemaker Alumni sponsored by Comic Relief
- Previous UpRising Board member encouraging young people to develop their professional skill sets
- Invited to Queen Young Leaders ceremony at the Canadian High Commission and met John Major (former UK Prime Minister ) Gordon Campbell (Canadian High Commissioner) and John Spence CBE (QE II Diamond Jubilee Trust Treasurer)
Here are some of her talks and excitingly we are bringing on members of our community who also experts in personal finance to support!